Sunday 29 December 2013

Painting

As the pencil sketching portion of my passion project is finished, I will be moving on to a new art type. So for my next art "unit" I will be focusing on painting. Probably watercolour, and maybe some other types as well if I have the time for it.

I have done some painting in the past, but usually I try to avoid it. I am not very comfortable with it at all, probably because I simply never do it. See, with sketching and pencil work you have a lot of control over what the finished product will turn out like. Its usually pretty easy to make your sketches have the type of pencil strokes you want, and you can always use an eraser if you make a mistake or want to do something over. With paint its not that easy, at least not for me. Especially with watercolour, the end result will rarely be as you expected. Its also a lot harder to control and you can't exactly use an eraser! :)

So I will soon be starting on some paintings for this portion of my blog, and I hope that they will turn out how I would like them to. But even if they don't, I suppose that I will learn from my mistakes and improve all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment