Tuesday 2 December 2014

More low lighting

Seeing as I had a lot of fun with using low lighting last time, I decided to experiment with it a bit further, this time using a macro lens attachment that my Grandpa gave to me. This allowed me to focus on things that were very close to the end of my lens. I'd say it turned out pretty well, and I loved experimenting with the ISO to get the perfect amount of light in the picture.

 
For this picture, I had the ISO set to 3200, with a shutter speed of 1/15 of a second.
 
A lot of photographers that I have read articles on, or know personally have very different thoughts on having light spots, or "sun spots" in their photography. As it is hard or impossible to control (at least at my level) I understand how some think they are a nuisance. Personally, however, I can't get enough of sun spots. I love how they add to a picture and give it a more artistic feel, as well as giving the viewer more to look at. The spots in this picture is one of the reasons I like it so much, it turned a plain boring old picture into something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment