Tuesday 2 December 2014

Portraits...

Hundreds of photographs have been piling up on my memory card for quite some time now, so I figured it was time to post a few more. As you can see, these pictures have been taken before the snow decided to arrive, but better to post them late than never!

These portraits, like most of the ones I take, are of my sisters (they are easily bribed, and are usually around during a moment of photography inspiration :) ) For this first one, I really loved the sun spots and streaks, and for the most part the entire picture. However I am not a fan of the rather distracting background.

 
Looking back I wish that I had just altered my angle a touch, to avoid the busyness of it all, as it is rather distracting and takes attention away from Nicole. The various fence lines and angles don't help the picture very much either.
 
For this next picture I tried to learn from my mistakes, and tried to allow the background to complement the subject (Kyra, this time) rather than take away from her.
 

 
The clouds in the background are interesting enough to add to the picture, but not too busy to take away from the portrait aspect of it. Leading to an altogether more professional looking photograph.
 
 
And as for this next one, its one of my favourites, so I thought I'd share it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment