Monday 18 November 2013

Some sketches...

 As I said before, pencil sketching is probably the type of art that I am most comfortable and confident in, and I do enjoy it. Usually I use regular "school" pencils, but this time I used an actual sketching pencil, and I didn't really  notice a significant difference between the two. I enjoy sketching because everyone has their own little techniques, so there is no right or wrong way to do it, and everyones drawings are a little different and unique.
Here are the two pencil sketches that I have done this past week. I am very happy with the way that they turned out.

One of my techniques is that I NEVER smudge the pencil strokes, which is what a lot of people tend to do. I have seen many, many drawings that have used smudging and look fantastic, but personally I don't like the way it looks on my own pictures (or maybe I am just not very good at smudging :) ). I prefer to use tiny pencil strokes to do the shading, and I like the look of this much more than what it tends to look like when I smudge it. Another weird technique/thing that I do is that my pencil ALWAYS has to be sharp. I find that it is much easier to do detail and shading this way.

So that concludes the object/animal part of the sketching unit of this blog. Next up, is portraits and sketching people (Eeek!).

1 comment: