Thursday 8 January 2015

A decision has been made!

I have finally decided on a lens! (About time, I know). My original plan was to have purchased this lens by December, however it turned out that thorough researching took a lot longer than I had thought. I also have a hard time making big decisions, so that also was a factor. So sadly I will not get to use it for this project, but I am not too bummed about that because I get to use it for the rest of my life anyways!





 I have decided on the AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR, which is the one I was leaning most towards all along. The lens is extremely versatile, and has a metal mount, and a focal length range of 18-140mm, which is fantastic and perfect for me, as I don't like to stick to only one type of photography. Of course those aren't the only factors that I was looking at when I researched this lens, but for me they were the main ones. Reviews were great as well. The only thing that was putting me off about this one was the price, a rather scary $649.95. However I managed to purchase it on Amazon for about 200 dollars less, which is extremely exiting! So I will be waiting patiently (or not, we will see) for it to arrive and I can't wait to try it out. If you would like to read more about this lens, you will find I wrote my thoughts on it on my blog post titled "Choosing" (it is lens #1).

No comments:

Post a Comment